Welcome Hong Kong!
Hello Hong Kong!
We are Citymapper, an urban transport app that uses open data and smartphones to make complicated cities easier to navigate.
We want to help you have the best experience of surviving and living in Hong Kong!
We have learned from experience. We’re live in several cities around the world including London, Singapore, Paris, New York, Toronto, Mexico City, San Francisco and others.
While working to save commuters from their cities, we've won awards such as Apple Best Apps of the Year (2013 and 2014), Grand Prize in the NYC MTA App Quest (2013), and Special Prize in the Tokyo Metro Open Data Contest (2015).
We're now in Hong Kong, the place where "mad dogs and the englishmen go out in the midday sun". If you don't believe us, use the app and navigate to Noon Day Gun and check it out for yourself at noon.
Hong Kong is known for its concrete jungle, we will show you the REAL jungle as we help you navigate from Hong Kong Island to Kowloon to New Territories using the MTR, Light Rail, KMB, Citybus, First Bus, First Ferry, Star Ferry, Discovery Bay Ferry and Bus, Park Island Ferry and Bus, Green Mini Bus and more - we are still amazed how many companies operate transportation in Hong Kong! A special mention definitely needs to go to the world's largest fleet of double-deck trams, Hong Kong Tramways; we support them in the app as well as their existence in Hong Kong.
If you’re new to Citymapper, here are some pointers about features in the app.
- Get Me Somewhere: Directions between any two points in Hong Kong, comparing routes between all different modes of transport, using our own routing algorithms. Besides public transit, you can also compare walking and cycling routes, and get estimates for taxi journey times.
- GO, a realtime satnav for public transport. Every journey has a GO button. When you activate it, your journey will be broken into steps (walk, wait, get off) and we'll automatically show you the most revelant info at the right time.
- Real Time Arrival Prediction/ETA We’ll tell you exactly what MINUTE you will get to your destination, and update this prediction during your journey based on your location and realtime data.
- Share your ETA Welcome to the future. You can also SHARE your REALTIME ARRIVAL privately or publicly via Whatsapp, Wechat, SMS, Email and other channels. Recipients can follow your journey along so they know exactly when you will arrive. No more frantic messaging and mental math, just send people the link and tell them you’ll get there when you get there.
This link is anonymous and you are in control of who you share it with.
- Live departure times for your specific trip and for stations and stops nearby (not available for all lines yet).
- Real-time MTR updates from Twitter
- Save your home and work locations, and route yourself there from anywhere with one tap. Save other places you frequent too.
- Save trips for later offline use. Hong Kong is lucky enough to have underground mobile connectivity on the MTR, but if you ever find yourself in a place without data (like one of our other cities!), you can make good use of this feature.
- Meet Me Somewhere: Share the location of a meeting place with friends via text, email, Facebook, or Twitter directly from the app. The message will contain a map and route directions.
- Apple Watch and Android Wear support for early adopters.
There are many other features as well, so we hope you will explore the app. This is just the beginning -- we’ll be continuously improving to help you get around Hong Kong even more easily in the future. If you have any suggestions or feedback, feel free to share by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org